- Personal Data We Collect
- Personal Data you provide: You may provide Personal Data to us when you interact with us, such as via registration forms, order forms and other forms on our Site; or if you are a venue, promoter, or rights holder that works with us to sell tickets to an event. The Personal Data you provide to us will depend on how you interact with us. In general, you may provide Personal Data to us in the following situations:
- Purchases: When you purchase tickets on our Site, EVENTIM may collect your name and contact information; transactions and purchase history; company information (if applicable); information about event or venue accommodations you request or purchase (such as seating restrictions or accessibility); and any other information you provide upon purchase.
In connection with transactions, our Site enables you to share your payment information with our payment processors to make your purchase payment. We do not retain payment information. Our Site also permits you to store your payment card for future transactions, but even in this case your full payment information remains with our payment processor.
- Account creation: When you create an account with us, EVENTIM may collect your name and contact information; login credentials; settings and preferences you provide through your account (including preferences to receive newsletters, or other similar communications); interests or favorites you save in your account (e.g. favorite artists); ticket wish lists; and any other information you provide to us through your account. You may retrieve and modify data saved to your user account at any time by logging in to your account.
- Email signup: EVENTIM collects your email address when you opt-in for email or other marketing communications (such as our newsletter, etc.) on our Site. You can opt-out of our newsletter, marketing, or other non-transactional emails at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any such email. Please note that we may continue to send you transactional emails even after you opt-out.
- Fan Reports: You can leave a review about an event, artist and/or venue on our Site. If you do, we may collect your name, contact information, information about the event you provide, and the content of your Fan Report.
- Business Contact and Company Information: If you work for a venue, artist, promoter, or other rights holder that has engaged us in connection with ticket sales, you may provide your name and contact information, as well as information about your company.
- Job Applicants: If you use our Site to apply with a job with us, you may provide your name and contact information, all the information that may be contained in your letter of application and resume/CV, information about your education history and previous employment, and other professional information you may provide in connection with your application, and information we may need to comply with law or our policies regarding job applications. Please note that where permitted by law, we may also conduct background or similar screenings depending on the role for which you are applying.
- Personal Data collected automatically: When you use our Site, certain data about your device and web browser are automatically collected in connection with providing the website to you. This includes data such as your IP address, device type, and operating system. If you consent to our mobile app collecting your location, your location may also be collected while you use the app (and you can turn location collection off at any time in your device settings).
- Communications with us: If you communicate with us, we may collect your name, email address, and any further information you provide in communications with us. This may include call recordings if you call our customer service centers; you will be notified at the beginning of a call if it is recorded. Similarly, if you interact with us on social media (such as Facebook or Twitter), we may obtain your username and any information you provide in communications to us.
- Data provided by others: Third parties may provide your Personal Data to us. If someone else purchases a ticket(s) for you, that person may provide us with your name, contact information, and other information that can be used to purchase, personalize, or provide the tickets to you. For example, companies involved with events (such as promoters or venues) may provide data about you to us. We may also collect Personal Data about you from publicly available sources, such as social media channels where you interact with us or have made information about yourself available to the public.
- Data Use
EVENTIM uses Personal Data we collect for the following purposes:
- Operating our business and providing our products and services, including providing our Site and its services to you and others; registering your account; processing your orders for tickets and other products; providing you with customer support; and communicating with you regarding transactions, events, or your use of the Site.
- Processing, evaluating, and responding to your requests and inquiries, such as confirming your event registration, or responding to your inquiries about an event.
- Analyzing and improving our Site, technologies, and our products and services, including performing data analyses; developing new technologies, products, and services; learning more about our users; evaluating user engagement with our Site; and facilitating the functionality and new functionalities on our Site.
- Customizing your experience, such as displaying content we believe may be of interest to you or that is based on your preferences.
- Marketing purposes, including online and digital advertising, email marketing, or otherwise sending you information about events, promotions, offers, or new products or features we believe may be of interest to you. We may use Personal Data for marketing of our own products or services, or for third-party offers as well. You can opt-out of any marketing emails we sent you at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any such email.
- Carry out job application and recruitment processes (if you are a job applicant).
- Protecting the safety and integrity of our Site and services, including troubleshooting issues and detecting and preventing errors, fraudulent activity, or other potentially wrongful, harmful, or illegal activity.
- Protecting the health, safety, welfare, rights, or interests of you, us, any third party, or the general public.
- Claims and compliance-related purposes, such as complying with, making claims relating to, or enforcing legal rights or obligations, legal process, our policies, government requests, or prudent security or business practices.
Our use of your Personal Data for the Purposes listed above may continue even in situations where your relationship with us has terminated or been altered in any way (for example, when you terminate your account), for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, for legal purposes or as required by law).
If there is any change in the purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data, we will notify you of such changes, and, where we are required to do so by law, obtain your consent.
We may also use Personal Data for any other purposes that we have notified to you which we have obtained your consent, or as otherwise permitted by law.
- Data Sharing
We may disclose Personal Data to third parties for any Purpose described in Section 2 above (“Data Use”). The categories of third parties who receive your Personal Data are generally as follows:
- EVENTIM affiliates: We may disclose Personal Data to other companies in the EVENTIM family.
- Event venues and promoters: Your Personal Data may be disclosed to EVENTIM and the venues and/or promoters who organise or are involved with events. Additionally, our Site may give you the option to let us disclose your email address to venues and/or promoters, so that the venue and/or promoter can contact you via email for marketing purposes.
- Service providers and business partners: We disclose Personal Data to service providers and business partners who provide services to us or otherwise help us operate our business, such as by hosting our website, managing our newsletter, processing payments, and preventing payment fraud.
- Compliance and claims: We may disclose Personal Data in connection with complying with, making or defending claims relating to, or enforcing: legal rights or obligations, legal process, government requests, or prudent security or business practices. This may include disclosures to law enforcement offices, government health authorities, third-party rights owners, or others, as well as disclosure related to protecting the rights, property, interests, or personal safety of our clients, users, or the general public.
- Transaction-related disclosure: We may disclose or transfer Personal Data to another business in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale, or reorganization of our business or our assets as permitted by law.
- As authorized by you: We may disclose Personal Data to any person or entity you authorize us to disclose it to.
- Your rights
In accordance with applicable laws, you have the following rights:
- Access to and correction of Personal Data: If you wish to (i) access the Personal Data that we hold about you, or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your Personal Data, or (ii) correct or update any of your Personal Data that we may hold, you may submit an access or correction request via email to our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided below;
- Withdrawal of consent: You may at any time withdraw your consent to the further use of your Personal Data. However, withdrawing your consent may result in our inability to provide you access to the Site, or prevent you from engaging in certain activities. To withdraw your consent, you may submit your request via email to our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided below.
This Site uses reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal, or similar risks, and the loss of any storage medium or device on which Personal Data is stored. However, please note that due to the inherently open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that information sent between you and us, or your attempt to access or use our Site or its services, can be absolutely secure. It is your responsibility to keep your account credentials (such as your password) secure.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for various purposes, including for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- International Transfers
Where there is a need to transfer your Personal Data to countries outside of Singapore, we will take steps to ensure that such transfer is carried out in compliance with the PDPA.
- Other Websites
This Site may contain links to other websites, details of which are provided for information only. EVENTIM has no responsibility for such sites and nor does it have responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of such websites or for the privacy policies and practices of other third parties. You should ensure that you read those websites’ privacy policies independently.
- Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
Through some of the cookies and similar technologies used on our Site, we may partner with third-party advertising providers to provide you with ads on other websites. These third parties may collect information about your online activities over time on our website and others. You can opt out of delivery of targeted ads to you by multiple online advertising providers by visiting https://optout.networkadvertising.org/ and https://www.aboutads.info/choices/, or by changing your web browser settings. Our site also uses Google Analytics to analyze user activity; you can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Further, our Site offers users a cookie preference manager with which users can deactivate cookies that are not essential to the Site or its functionalities.
- Contact Us
Effective Date: April 13, 2022